Introduction to IRAs and Retirement Accounts – A Live Webinar Series
Designed specifically for Trust Operations Staff, Trust Administrative Assistants, Middle Office Staff, Investment Assistants and IRA Custodial Staff.
- Administrative Assistants and Operations staff perform their tasks more effectively if they understand more about IRA and retirement accounts
- Have the regulators / auditors suggested you should do more staff training?
- Are you finding it hard to find time to train new staff?
- Have there been operational errors because your staff didn’t understand why they were performing certain tasks?
- Are you finding the new hires in these positions expect career development training?
Take full advantage of this cost effective training solution. Capitalize on our expertise and experience and give your staff what they need.
Introduction to IRAs and Retirement Accounts – A Webinar Series – 6 Unique Topic Modules – 6 hours of invaluable training
- Training is presented live and is interactive. It is not computer-generated nor does it require travel. Sessions are recorded and can be provided to those who were unable to participate in a session.
- Each module is self-contained and does not require pre-work or completion of another course.
- Discussion topics to facilitate in-house mentoring are provided for each segment.
- Onsite delivery and facilitation of the training program is also available.
We will conduct the 6 Webinars at a frequency determined in consultation with the client organizations management. Each Webinar will be approximately 1 hour in length.
- MODULE 1 – The Landscape and Strategies of Retirement Accounts
An Introduction to retirement savings and savings strategies. A look at the evolution of defined benefit at defined contribution plans, social security, and government tax incentives. The birth and growth of the IRA and the Roth IRA.
- MODULE 2– Deduct This! – Traditional, Roth and Rollover IRAs
Explore the tax deduction and the tax deferral, and discover various types of retirement accounts, including Traditional IRAs, Roth IRAs, SEP and SIMPLE IRAs, the IRA Rollover, the Payroll Deduction IRA and the Self-directed IRA. Define company sponsored retirement accounts including the 401(k), the 403(b), 403(b)(9), 501(c)(3), the profit sharing plan and 5500 reporting requirements.
- MODULE 3 – Accounts, Conversions and Taxation
A look at government policy and retirement including the tax deduction and the tax credit, including the Saver’s Credit. Discuss the IRA Rollover and Roth IRA Conversion. Review key considerations of account acceptance, disclosure and recordkeeping.
- MODULE 4 – Retirement Account Transactions
Discover the “creative” tax deduction and the benefits and strategies of retirement plan deductions, including limits, restrictions and thresholds. Discuss government incentives including both employer and employee retirement plan enticements, including the Spousal IRA. Review the importance of account, tax coding, and introduce the concepts and conditions of prohibited transactions.
- MODULE 5 – Retirement Account Distributions
A discussion of “qualified” distributions required minimum distributions (RMD), retirement tax strategy and early distribution penalties. A look at the SECURE Act and a discussion of the important changes to retirement plans, and retirement planning strategy resulting from the new Act.
- MODULE 6 – Life, Death and Taxes
A review of estate planning and the inherited IRA. Define year of death distribution requirements (the ten-year rule). The importance and impact of beneficiary appointment. A discussion of the “Stretch IRA” and the recent and critical changes to the provision resulting from the SECURE Act, family and charitable gifting, and evolving inheritance strategies. The end of the road and account closing controls.
This program is not designed for credentialed participants. Therefore, we will not have this program pre-authorized for CE credits.
- $3500 for the Program. ($3150 for retainer clients) This allows your institution unlimited seats for the webinar.
- If you would prefer to conduct just one of the webinar based on its topic, it will be $750 per webinar. ($675 for retainer clients)
- We can deliver this program in a concentrated in-person format. We will be pleased to propose such a customized in-house program.
Meet your presenter:
Michael Daly, Director of Risk Management and Operation, Pohl Consulting and Training, Inc.
Michael knows firsthand the importance of education as an essential guide to the various routes to success. With over 25 years experience in trading, operations management, product development and risk management, he’s watched regulations and technology evolve and support fiduciary businesses.
Mike provides high energy storytelling to simplify complex regulations, and both history and logic to define and clarify fiduciary fundamentals. He’s been a trainer and national conference speaker for the ABA and for over a decade served as Chair of the ICB/ABA Certification of Securities Operations Professionals (CSOP). For eight years he served on the Board of Directors for the Fiduciary and Investment Risk Management Association (FIRMA) and has authored numerous industry articles. His certifications include Securities Operations Professional (CSOP), Fiduciary and Investment Risk Specialist (CFIRS), Corporate Trust Specialist (CTTS), and Project Management Risk Management Professional (PMIRMP). He holds an MBA in International Business from the Thunderbird School of Global Management, Arizona State University.